"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just Livin'

Hi to the anyone or no one that's reading this!
Just stopping in for a quick update and some more photos.

Hmm. Since I last posted I guess it's just been the same old college life. I've received lots of boxes from many loved ones at home that make me smile so big and make my weeks that much better. I've gotten back into a regular running schedule, I've ate countless salads, I've gotten my first beautiful paycheck, and I've spent hours and hours doing homework or exploring or eating or vegging with my wonderful Montana friends.

Let me tell you about 'em:
Dallas: From Spokane, Washington... Yay for Pacific-Northwesterners! Dallas is my roommate (that was quite the process) and she's a lot like me. She's very active and very healthy and very focused and she's a fireball. She does not take anything from anyone and I love her for it.

Alexis: From Anoka, Minnesota, she's just hilarious and I love her lots. She's my running buddy and I appreciate her companionship because running alone is kind of sad to me. She drives a Mini Cooper (lol) and she likes to eat and I like to eat so it works.

Colleen: From Carmel, Indiana, she's Alexis's roommate and she's a little fashionista (well, so is Alexis). Me and Dallas... Not so much. Colleen is just kinda silly and happy and open. And she's a little bit tall like me. I love when people are tall like me.

So yeah. A quick overview of my buddies. I got really sick two days ago, went to the health clinic, and was diagnosed with a bacterial throat infection. WOIQWCEHAUIRHV. They gave me antibiotics and I'm feeling better already but dang, the throbbing throat and chilly/sweaty fever could go ahead and leave now. I'm planning a big long hike on Saturday with Alexis so I'm really hoping to be healthy for that. Love me some hikes. :) This will be the hardest one yet, with ending elevation at 10,000 ft. FRICKIN' WOOOOHOOOOOOO.

Last Weekend's hike up Storm Castle Peak
 
 
 
 
Alexis, Me, Dallas, Colleen



 Alexis and I found a chair one Saturday night.
 
It was quite humorous.





Some other assorted good old fashioned fun. ;)
The coldest hockey game in the history of hockey games. (probably not really)
What can I say... I'm just festive.
My style has changed so much since living here... I guess I never really had style. It was meant to be.
Love my dad and step mom for the little things. For the button my dad sent in my fly box that says "I AM LOVED", for this letter that reminds me of the same thing, for the box they sent that was addressed to "Kami (is cool) Crockatt", for the pumpkin that my step mom grew herself with my name in it, for the sticky note inside this letter that reminds me how much they love me and how proud they are of me, and for the texts every single day that wish me a good day and ask me how I am.


I can't even caption this. This night was asinine.
8am class ain't so bad when it looks like this.
Oh how I miss my little babies. So hard to deal with when I'm home... So hard to deal with when I'm away. I also miss my mama. She texts me every day and sends me funny pictures and loving videos and I'm grateful for the visuals of home because sometimes they are so much comfort to me. (Like now. When I'm sicker than a dog.)
Because this is my reality. And I'm so lucky. And I worked so hard for this.


See ya l8r!



Hope Floats.

No comments:

Post a Comment