"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Inside the Mind of a New Blogger

       Last night as I laid tossing and turning, I did what I always do when I can't sleep. I picked up my cellphone. With nothing else to look at, I ended up on Pinterest searching quotes (~see Roald Dahl quote above). As all of these lovely quotes filled my head, I realized I really wanted a place to put those quotes and my own thoughts and ideas regarding them. So alas, I created a blog. Here I am. I don't know if anyone is reading this or if anyone ever will, but whatever. Mostly I wanted a blog for me. To sort out my thoughts and give me a constructive place to put them. Here's the thing. I've been in a pretty bad place lately and I'm really hoping this will help (because, after all, hope floats).

       I guess I'll start by telling you about me. I'm Kami. I'm a senior in high school headed to Montana State University next year (Yahoo!). I've worked at a movie theater for the past two years. The outdoors is my oasis. I have a big huge family that sometimes I get lost in. My sister is my very best friend, my favorite person in the world, my comfort, my strength. Her name is Tawny. She lives in Nevada and I miss her so much it hurts. I'm diagnosed with senioritis (hehe, not really funny, I know). Even so, I take school really seriously and I'm very ambitious. I want to be one of two things when I grow up... a) a counselor, or b) a nurse. I'm hoping (there's that word again) to make good money and be successful and all that crap but mostly I'm just on the pursuit of happiness. Aren't we all?

       If you haven't noticed by now, I actually really hate talking about me. But I love talking about my deep thoughts and that's what I plan on doing here. But not tonight. Tonight I've spent about 4 hours creating this blog and making it look pretty and now I want to sleep. Did I mention how much I LOVE my bed???

 
 

  Hope Floats.


No comments:

Post a Comment